The region of Upper Dolpo lies north of the Dhaulagiri Range on the borders of Tibet it has been designated a protected area and Shey-Phoksundo National Park lies within its borders.The view of Kanjiroba peak, Phoksumdo Lake and the Dhaulagiri massif are just three of the many rewarding moments on this trek.Upper Dolpo is full of mystery, a rugged and remote destination known for its unspoiled natural beauty and as yet it remains relatively unexplored.
Predominately Buddhist in culture and religion there are many ancient monuments and temples to be explored.The area falls within the rain shadow meaning it can be trekked all year round. There are some amazing mountain views hidden on the sides of these mountains Himalayan blue sheep and the elusive snow leopard make their respective homes.
Upper Dolpo also contains a huge variety of wild flowers along with an extensive range of birds .Farming in the region is almost impossible it is difficult to grow any sustainable crop here which makes life for local people very difficult.They survive mainly by being involved in the salt trade from Tibet a traditional culture that has continued for generations.
Day 01 : Kathmandu –Nepalganjby flight.
Day 02 : Nepalganj – Juphal(Dolpa) by flight
Day 03 : Juphal – Dunai
Day 04 : Dunai – Hanke check post.
Day 05 : Hanke – Reji
Day 06 : Reji – Ringmo ( she – Phoksundo Lake
Day 07 : Shey- phoksundo Lake Rest
Day 08 : Shey – Phoksundo Lake – Silver Forest
Day 09 : Silver forest – Sehula Bhanjyang(Ngondala) Base camp.
Day 10 : Sehula Bhanjyang(Ngondala) – Shey – Gompa
Day 11 : Shey – Gompa Rest
Day 12 : Shey – Gompa – Saldang
Day 13 : Saldang Rest
Day 14 : Saldang – Sibu
Day 15 : Sibu – Jenjla La Base Camp
Day 16 : Jenjla La – Se La Base Camp
Day 17 : Sela Base Camp – Dho Tarap.
Day 18 : Tho – Tarap Rest
Day 19 : Dho Tarap – Big Cave
Day 20 : Big Cave – Lihini
Day 21 : Lihini – Tarakot
Day 22 : Tarakot – Heute Ghar
Day 23 : Heute Ghar – Dunai
Day 24 : Dunai – Juphal
Day 25 : Juphal – Nepalgunj by flight
Day 26 : Nepalgunj – Kathmandu by flight.
Important Note and Optional Activities
All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in 3 star category hotel on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private vehicle
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek, a cup of tea / coffee with seasonal fresh fruit after every dinner
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Farewell Dinner with typical local cultural program
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival in KathmanduArrival in Kathmandu a (1345 meters), Welcome and receive at the airport and transfer to hotel. Introductory program and briefing about the trip. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Sightseeing in KathmanduSightseeing in Kathmandu valley which includes the visits to many historical and architectural monuments, Temples, Stupas etc
Day 03 : Fly to Nepalgunj. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 : Trek to Chauki (2700m). Overnight at Camp.
Day 05 : Trek to Samduwa. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 06 : Trek to Phoksundo Lake (3600m) Overnight at tented camp.
Day 07 : Rest at Phoksundo Lake
Day 08 : Trek Over cross Baga La (5090m) and camp next side. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 09 : Trek to Numla base camp (5190m. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 10 : Trek to Chutung Dang (3967m) . Overnight at tented camp.
Day 11 : Trek to Chibu Kharka (3915m) Overnight at tented camp.
Day 12 : Trek to Saldang (4100m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 13 : Trek to Yang Tsser village (4300m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 14 : Trek to Karang (4100m. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 15 : Trek to Ramanan (4600m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 16 : Trek to Samling Gompa (3800m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 17 : Trek to Shey Gompa (4500m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 18 : Rest day at Shey Gompa, visit Chakang Gompa. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 19 : Trek to Yak Kharka (4500m) . Overnight at tented camp.
Day 20 : Trek to Ringmu (3600m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 21 : Trek to Rachi . Overnight at tented camp.
Day 22 : Trek to Roha village. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 23 : Trek to Juphal. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 24 : Fly back Juphal – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
Day 25: As per the flight schedule, transfer to airport and fly to your next distination with beautiful memories of your trip.