Lobuche has two summits, east and west, heights of 6119 m and 6145 m respectively. A continuous rim ties them but there is a sharp gap and a considerable distance between these two summits. The east is recognized as a trekking peak whereas the west is identified as an Expedition. The first summit of Lobuche east peak was by Laurence Nielson and Ang Gyaljen Sherpa on 25th April 1984. The peak offers various existing routes and there is also a possibility of discovering new ones. The dark triangle of its rocky east face rises from the moraines of Khumbu Glaciers to a pleasant skyline and forms the south face. Lobuche East is reached by descending a marked notch and climbing steep snowy slopes to the top. Mostly the peak is climbed on the summit ridge only as far as a subsidiary snow summit, south-east of the true peak and before the notch.
Lobuche Peak Climbing (6119m)
Highlights of the Trekking Peaks
- Mt. Everest
- Khumbu Glacier
- Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse
- Mt. Makalu
- Mt. Thamserku
- Different community with majority of Sherpa and grand Himalayan landscapes and old monastery.
Day 01: Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport by our representative, transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu official procedures in the morning followed by sightseeing, overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,834 m) start trek to Phakding (2,611), overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization, overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Tyangboche, overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche, overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Chhukung and hike around. overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Pheriche. overnight at lodge
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche, overnight at lodge
Day 11: Trek to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorakhshep, overnight at lodge at Gorakhshep
Day 12: Morning Hike to Kalapatthar 5545m and trek back to Lobuche, overnight at lodge
Day 13: Trek to Lobuche Base Camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Stay at Lobuche Base Camp, explore around and preparation for climbing. overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Ascend to Lobuche high camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Summit Lobuche East Peak-6119m and back to base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek to Tyangboche, overnight at lodge.
Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at lodge.
Day 19: Trek to Lukla, overnight at resort.
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 21: Rest in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 22: Transfer to airport for departure to your ownward destination.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in tourist standard hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide plus entry fees
- climbing permit
- National Park entry Permit
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu air tickets
- Qualified and experienced climbing guide
- All accommodation in Tea houses and tented camps as per the itinerary
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip
- Experienced and qualified trekking guide, cook, sherpas and porters services
- Transportation, meals, accommodation, allowance, equipment and insurance for all the staff including climbing guide
- Trekking camping equipment (tent, mattress, pillow, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table with chairs, all kitchen gear/utensils
- Fixed rope for climbing
- Garbage deposit fee
- All the official paper work and all applicable government taxes
- All Airport transfers
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if required
What's not included ?
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Client’s insurance
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills
- Expenses other than mentioned in inclusion section above