Ama Dablam is known as the “Matterhorn of the Himalayas” it is perhaps the most attractive peak that can be clearly seen on the trek from Lukla to Everest Base Camp. Resembling a giant pyramid of ice-coated granite Ama Dablam means The Mother’s Jewel Box and it is considered to be a holy mountain.When a team led by Sir Edmund Hillary climbed on to the mountain Nepal’s King nearly imprisoned him for climbing it without permission.
The standard ascent to Ama Dablam is made via the South-Western Ridge the same route followed the first ascent of the mountain in 1961. The route offers a varied and sustained climb with a reasonable level of technical difficulty. Three high camps are set up on the way. The climb is not so difficult to Camp 1 but after Camp 1 it becomes more challenging when having to climb up and along a narrow granite ridge. Negotiating pitches of steep ice and snow slopes the route gets more technical from Camp 2. From Camp 3 climbers need to skirt around the hanging glacier or the Dablam, cross over a sharp ridge then over a crevasse set between ice cliffs and then on to the summit.It would be hard to find a more beautiful mountain in Nepal. Located to the south of Everest and Lhotse it is characterized by its vertical walls and sharp exposed ridges.
Day 01: Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport by our representative, transfer to hotel.
Day 02-03: Stay at Kathmandu for the official procedure, overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05: Trek Namche Bazaar 3,410 meters, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06: Rest day in Namche for acclimatization, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07: Trek to Amadablam base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Trek to Amadablam base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Stay at Base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 10-29: Climbing period to Mt. Amadablam.
Day 30: Trek to Khumjung, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 31: Trek to Phakding, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 32: Trek to Lukla, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 33: Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 34: Rest in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 35: Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination.
What's included ?
- Amadablam climbing Permit/Government royalty
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in 3 – 4 star Hotel as per the itinerary on BB basis
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide and with all the entry fees included
- Round Trip flight tickets (Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu) for clients and staffs
- Everest National park entry permit
- Government Liaison officer including his allowance, accommodation, meals, insurance and flights
- Accommodation at tented camps during the trip up to base camp
- Three meals (breakfast, Lunch and dinner) a day during the trip up to base camp
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, cook, sherpas & porters
- Accommodation, food, allowance, equipment, insurance for all trekking crews
- All the camping utensils member tents, kitchen tent, dinning tents, shower tent, toilet tent, table, chairs, sleeping mattress, pillow and all kitchen utensils
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu air cargo service
- All the official paper works and all applicable government taxes
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if required up to base camp
What's not included ?
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Climbing guide
- Garbage deposit fee
- Insurance of clients
- Emergency rescue evacuation
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills