Island Peak located at the height of 6173m is also identified as Imja Tse. Island peak is one of the challenging peak climbing and it is the additional climb of Lhotse Shar, a well-liked for trekking path that can be climbed traversing the Everest Base Camp. Passing the way via Gokyo Valley, our ascending path leads to the peak letting us to notice wonderful views all around.
Island Peak (6169m)
The name Island has been kept for the peak because it comes into sight like an island when observed from Dingboche. Being positioned on the acme of Chhukung Glacier, to reach the climax is very demanding one. Likewise, Island Peak Climbing also consists of ascending Gokyo Ri for amazing view of Mt. Everest, Cho Oyo as well as number of other peaks. Trekking track leads us to Chola Pass and then after we will get to Dingboche from where the path of Island Peak kicked off. The narrow apex ridge is assorted rock and ice wall so it can be the tricky section while climbing. On the way we will have enough acclimatization to adapt ourselves in the high elevation.
Boundless Himalaya Trekking and Expeditions puts forward Island peak climbing intended to everyone from proficient climber to an inexpert but adventure enthusiast as anyone will be guided by an expert mountain guide. Spring and autumn are the best time of year to go for Makalu Expedition. Trekking to Island Peak goes passing Everest Base Camp. So, a person should be bodily well and healthy. The trek moves on passing by Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar, Chola Pass, Gokyo Valley, and to finish we will arrive at the summit of Island Peak.
Highlights of the Trekking Peak
Panoramic views of Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Thamserku, old Tyangboche monastery, exploring Namche Bazaar, Khumjung village and Pangboche village
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / Welcome and receive from airport / transfer to hotel / introductory briefing about the trip
Day 02: Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu to include all important heritage sites
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla; Trek to Phakding, 2610 m
Day 04: Trek to Namche bazzar,3441 m
Day 05: Acclimatization day- Trekking around Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to Tengbuche, 3860 m
Day 07: Trek to Dingbuche, 4400 m
Day 08: Trek to Lobuche, 4915m
Day 09: Trek to Gorakhshep 5160m
Day 10: Ascend Early Morning ascent to KalaPatthar 5545 m and trek to EBC (Everest Base Camp), 5363m and back to Gorakhshep
Day 11: Trek to Dingboche
Day 12: Trek to Chhukung, 4710 meters
Day 13: Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp, 5200m, overnight at camp
Day 14: Acclimatization Day- Basic Training Ascend to High camp 5600m, overnight at camp
Day 15: Summit 6189m and descend to Chhukung
Day 16: Reserve Day for contingency
Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 18: Trek to Lukla
Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 20: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and relaxation
Day 21: As per your flight schedule, transfer to airport and fly back home
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in tourist standard hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide plus entry fees
- climbing permit
- National Park entry Permit
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu air tickets
- Qualified and experienced climbing guide
- All accommodation in Tea houses and tented camps as per the itinerary
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip
- Experienced and qualified trekking guide, cook, sherpas and porters services
- Transportation, meals, accommodation, allowance, equipment and insurance for all the staff including climbing guide
- Trekking camping equipment (tent, mattress, pillow, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table with chairs, all kitchen gear/utensils
- Fixed rope for climbing
- Garbage deposit fee
- All the official paper work and all applicable government taxes
- All Airport transfers
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if required
What's not included ?
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Client’s insurance
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills
- Expenses other than mentioned in inclusion section above