The trek provides some great views of the Himalayas, a lot of the latter stages on the trek to Dulikhel is along the valley ridge. Some days are more energetic than others but the tour as a whole provides a healthy stretch of the legs. Along the way you pass through old valley settlements and many farming communities. Early sunrise views from Chisopani and especially Nagarkot are stunning. Dhulikhel, the last stage of the trek, there is an opportunity to experience old Newari culture at its best,the town by Nepali standards is very well organised, cohesive and works as a healthy habitat for the people who live there. Panauti and Namma Buddha also stand out. The day from Panauti to Namma Buddha takes you through a particularly beautiful valley.Perhaps the best thing of the whole experience is that very few tourists trek the valley, so most of the time you are away from popular trails,be prepared to be surprised!
Important Note and Optional Activities
Note: All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc.Please contact us with your requests.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour as per the itinerary by private car/van
- All entry fees to monumental zones in Kathmandu
- National Park fee Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Land transportation from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Namobuddha to Kathmandu by private car/van
- Accommodation in Guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meals, allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- (Airport pick-up and drop-off are complimentary services)
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.Welcome from airport / transfer hotel / evening meal and tour briefing.
Day 02: City tour around the Kathmandu valley.Visiting many of the historical sites in and around Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and on to Chisopani (2150m)Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. The trail climbs up through a forest / passes the village Mulkharka to Chisopani Danda / on a clear day there are good panoramic views of the mountains stretching from east to west.
Day 04: Chisopani to Nagarkot(2163m)An interesting trail to the hill retreat of Nagarkot perched on a ridge 32 km east of Kathmandu /trek is not too difficult / takes about six hours / basically down to begin with before a climb up to Nagarkot / commands sweeping views of the Himalayas five of the world’s ten highest peaks / Everest, Lhotse, Choyu, Makalu and Manaslu are visible from here on a clear day / Nagarkot is also a popular spot for sunrise and sunset views.
Day 05: Nagarkot to DhulikhelThe trail climbs up to the viewing tower at Nagarkot before / descending through forest / along the way some fantastic mountain views from the ridge / a longish day but as you are descending in height from Nagarkot to Dulikhel it is not that difficult / transfer resort hotel.
Day 06: Dhulikhel to PanautiLeave hotel gradual up and down through forest to a ridge / beautiful mountain views / trek takes about 3 hours to Panauti. Panauti is a beautiful ancient town with many temples, inhabited by Newars, Tamang and Bramins / very much a holy pilgrimage site / after lunch either walk or drive back to Dulikhel.
Day 07: Panauti to Namobuddha (2 and half hours)Leave hotel through many different ancient villages and terraces in a beautiful wide valley / before ascending up through a wood / and on to Namma Buddha / known for being one of the most important Buddhist sites in Nepal / also some very interesting Tibetan Buddhist Monasteries along with some great mountain views.Walk back to Dulikhel / a long but very rewarding day.
Day 08: Namobuddha to KathmanduDrive or walk to Panauti / drive to Kathmandu via Banepa.
Day 09: Departure dayTransfer to airport and fly back home