This trek is similar to the Jomosom trek the only difference is instead of flying into Jomosom and trekking back you trek in and fly back from Jomosom. This makes the trek a stiffer challenge as you gain in altitude on the way up as opposed to dropping altitude. Muktinath is a famous pilgrimage spot for both Hindus and Buddhists. To Hindus it is sacred as the place of salvation,they believe that to wash in the waters here guarantees salvation after death. The Hindu god Bramha is thought to have lit the eternal flame that still burn at Muktinath today. To the Buddhists it is a place that the great sage Guru Rinpochhe (Padmasambava) took meditation and to all it is the source of fossilized ammonites known locally as saligrams, which are found all along the upper reaches of the Kaligandaki valley.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival in KathmanduWelcome from the airport / transfer to hotel / introduction program and briefing about the trip.
Day 02 : City tour of Kathmandu ValleyA full days sightseeing of the Kathmandu Valley to include all important heritage sites / Afternoon pre-trip discussion regarding the trek /overnight Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Drive to PokharaDrive to Pokhara by luxury tourist bus / beautiful scenery along / approx 6 hrs / Pokhara a beautiful city exploration around / overnight Pokhara
Day 04 : Drive to Nayapool / trek to Ulleri 1495m / approx 6 hours / overnight Ulleri
Day 05 : Trek to Ghorepani 2860m / approx 4:30 hrs / overnight Ghorepani
Day 06 : Early hike Poonhill / Magnificent Himalayan sunrise views / views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre and others / trek to Tatopani 1190m / approx 6 hrs / overnight Tatopani
Day 07 : Trek to Ghasa 2010m / approx 6 hrs / overnight Ghasa
Day 08 : Trek to Marpha 2670m / approx 5 hrs / overnight Marpha
Day 09 : Trek to Kagbeni 2800m / approx 5 hrs / overnight Kagbeni
Day 10 : Trek to Muktinath 3800 / approx 4 hrs / overnight Muktinath
Day 11 : Trek back to Jomsom 2710 / approx 5 hrs / overnight Jomsom
Day 12 : Fly back to Pokhara / beautiful scenery of the entire Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range/ transfer hotel/ exploration around / overnight Pokhara
Day 13 : Drive back to Kathmandu / transfer hotel / overnight Kathmandu
Day 14 : Free day in Kathmandu / shopping, relaxation etc / overnight Kathmandu
Day 15 : Transfer to airport / fly back home or onward destination