Located in west-central Nepal the region is spectacularly beautiful, it lies along the border of Nepal and Tibet and it is a controlled trekking route due to the sensitivity of its position on the Tibetan (Chinese) border. Only organised trekking groups via a trekking agency are allowed and all supplies necessary for the trip (including food and kerosene) must be carried in and all rubbish must be portered out. The trek itself is a 177-km in legnth and you can expect some fantastic mountain scenery that spans altitudes that vary from 375 m to 5.300 m. there is also a highly diverse range of ecosystems and ethnic cultures and you are physically closer to Tibet than any other trek in Nepal.
This is without doubt a spectacular journey around Manaslu and into the northern Himalayas the aim is to completely encircle the great Manaslu-Himalchuli-Baudha massif. The Manaslu Region opened to trekkers in 1991 and a special permit is required ($U.S.50 per week plus an extra $7 per day spent trekking)the region is far less trekked than any of the popular regions perhaps because it is a demanding area and you need to be in good physical condition.
The Tibetans of the upper Budi Gandaki, a region known as Nupri, are direct descendants of Tibetan immigrants. Their speech, dress and customs are almost exclusively Tibetan and there is still continuous trade between Nupri and Tibet. The mountain views in Nupri are sensational and the Larke pass (5,213m) is a dramatic Himalayan pass to cross. Many seasoned trekkers rate the Manaslu Cicuit as one of the best in Nepal and whilst the going is tough at times the rewards far outway any personal physical outlay.It is in fact not only exciting and adventurous it is a once in a lifetime experience.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, 3 star category hotel, on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private vehicle
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- ACAP and MCAP trekking Entry Permit
- Special Permit for restricted area
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- First aid kit for comprehensive medical supplies
- Round trip / overland transport as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges best possibly with private bathroom, hot and cold shower, during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and a cup of tea/coffee a day during the trek and seasonal fresh fruit after every dinner
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack, duffle bag, trekking poles if required
- T-Shirt or cap with Boundless Himalayas logo
- Manaslu Region trekking map
- Farewell Dinner with typical local cultural program
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu, Welcome and receive at the airport and transfer to Hotel
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley which includes the visits to many historical and architectural monuments, Temples, Stupas etc
Day 03 : Drive to Arughat-500m (6 hr) by private car/van.
Day 04 : Trek to – Arkhet-650m ( 5-6 hr).
Day 05 : Trek to – Labu Bensi-700m (6-7 hr).
Day 06 : Trek to – Tatopani-800m (5-6 hr).
Day 07 : Trek to – Sirdibas
Day 08 : Trek to – Ngyak-1550m (6-7 hr).
Day 09 : Trek to – Namru-2450m (6-7 hr).
Day 10 : Trek to – Lho Gaon-3000m (5-6 hr)
Day 11 : Trek to – Sama Gaon-3450m (5-6 hr).
Day 12 : Trek to – Samdo-3900m (4-5 hr).
Day 13 : Rest and acclimatisation at Samdo or hiking around .
Day 14 : Samdo – Dharmashala-4480m (4-5 hr).
Day 15 : Cross Larke Pass 5213m, the highest point in Manaslu trek. Trek further to Bhimathang-3800m (7-8 hr)
Day 16 : Bhimathang- Karche-2550m (5-6 hr).
Day 17 : Karche- Dharapani-1943m (6-7 hr).
Day 18 : Dharapani- Jagat-1314m (6-7 hr).
Day 19 : Jagat- Bhulbhule
Day 20 : Bhulbhule – Besishahar, Manaslu trek ends here.
Day 21 : Drive Besishahar to Kathmandu by private car/van, 5 hours
Day 22 : As per your flight schedule, transfer to airport and fly back to your next destination with beautiful memories of your trip.