Upper Mustang is a remote desolate and extremely fascinating almost moon like region of Nepal set among st wind eroded hills on the borders of Tibet.The region preserves a very strong traditional Tibetan Buddhist culture in Nepal.The number of tourists allowed to visit is strictly regulated and it is open to only to a few select groups each season.
The whitewashed settlements are set amid fields of barley in the summer time and the many impressive chortens and simple monasteries only go to reflect the stregnth of Buddhist culture here. The terrain is striking, a semi-arid desert with deep ravines and rock shelves that are flanked by snowy peaks.
Without doubt the highlight in Upper Mustang is the visit to Lo Manthang where the once king of Mustang reigns over what was his tiny kingdom until recently.And whilst he has now (only in the last few years) surrendered his title, he is still revered as a king by the regions inhabitants. If you are considering this particular heli tour you need to inform us 7 days in advance of arrival as special permits have to be issued.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in 5 star category hotel on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary and one of the best hotel in Lo manthang with full board meal
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private vehicle
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Both way heli tours from Ktm – Lo manthang – Ktm, as per the itinerary
- Permission fee from Govt. of Nepal and all the airport tax, etc.
- ACAP permit fee
- Restricted area permit fee
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee,
- First aid kit for comprehensive medical supplies
- Qualified and experienced guide
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for guide
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights as per the itinerary
- Farewell Dinner with typical local cultural program
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.Accord warm welcome and pick up from airport and transfer to Hotel. Introduction and briefing about the trip.
Day 02: Sightseeing in KathmanduVisits to many historical and architectural monuments in the capital / overnight hotel
Day 03: Helicopter Tour to Upper MustangToday we will have our tour to Upper Mustang. In morning we will drop you to the airport and flight by Heli to Jomsom from Kathmandu which takes about 1 and half hour approximately. From Jomsom, as per our government rule, we will board a police then continue the fly to Lo Manthang for about 25 mins. Upper Mustang is a land eroded landscape similar to the Tibetan plateau with its yellow and grey rolling hills ravaged by violent winds. The Tibetan influence in Mustang is evident by the life style and language of people The capital of Lo is named Manthang, which translates from the Tibetan as “plains of aspiration” Mustang’s unofficial capital, the walled city of Lomanthang has its own King and thus is a Kingdom with in a Kingdom. You will land here to explore the old town. Overnight in Lo Manthang.
Day 04: Flight back from Lomanthang to JomsomEarly morning, we will have a flight back from Lomanthang to Jomsom and continue back from Jomsom to Kathmandu by heli. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 05: Relaxation and shopping in Kathmandu.Farewell dinner in a Nepali restaurant with Nepali cultural show.
Day 06: As per the flight schedule / transfer to airport for flight to onward destination with beautiful memory back home