The fourth highest mountain in the world, Lhotse is situated just around 3 km south of Mount Everest separated by south Col. The Lhotse East or middle, Lhotse Shar and Lhotse are the main three main peaks that make up the Lhotse massif. The South Face of Lhotse is the most technical face of Lhotse which is also one of the largest mountain faces in the world. The most difficult part of climbing this mountain is undoubtedly the Khumbu Icefall.
After quite a few unsuccessful attempts on the mountain, the South Face was eventually successfully climbed in 1984. As both Mt Everest and Lhotse share the same base camp Lhotse can be climbed either from Everest Base Camp or nearby Chhukung. Lhotse Expedition encounters many obstacles including high altitudes, unfavorable weather conditions and exhaustion. However we believe that our planning, logistics, staffing and decade-long experience coupled with your enthusiasm and determination would help you achieve your lifetime dream to conquer this massive mountain.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / welcome pick up / transfer hotel / briefing
Day 02-03: Days in Kathmandu for sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley / visit many historical and architectural monuments plus time for the official procedure / overnight at hotel
Day 04: Fly to Lukla (2800m) / trek to Phakding (2640m) / overnight tented camp.
Day 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m), overnight tented camp.
Day 06: Rest and Acclimatization day at Namche.
Day 07: Trek to Khumjung (3790m), overnight tented camp.
Day 08: Trek Tengboche Monastery (3867m), overnight tented camp.
Day 09: Trek to Pheriche, overnight tented camp.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche (4900m), overnight tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to Lhotse base camp, overnight tented camp.
Day 12-47: Climbing Period
Day 48: Cleaning up Base Camp, overnight tented camp.
Day 49: Trek to Pheriche, overnight tented camp.
Day 50: Trek to Khumjung, overnight tented camp.
Day 51: Trek to Phakding, overnight tented camp.
Day 52: Trek to Lukla, overnigh tented camp.
Day 53: Fly back to Kathmandu / transfer to hotel
Day 54: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 55: As per your flight schedule, transfer to airport / flight to onward destination
What's included ?
- Lhotse climbing Permit/Government royalty
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in 3 – 4 star Hotel as per the itinerary on BB basis
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide and with all the entry fees included
- Round Trip flight tickets (Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu) for clients and staffs
- Everest National park entry permit
- Government Liaison officer including his allowance, accommodation, meals, insurance and flights
- Accommodation at tented camps during the trip up to base camp
- Three meals (breakfast, Lunch and dinner) a day during the trip up to base camp
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, cook, sherpas & porters
- Accommodation, food, allowance, equipment, insurance for all trekking crews
- All the camping utensils member tents, kitchen tent, dinning tents, shower tent, toilet tent, table, chairs, sleeping mattress, pillow and all kitchen utensils
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu air cargo service
- All the official paper works and all applicable government taxes
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if required up to base camp
What's not included ?
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Climbing guide
- Garbage deposit fee
- Insurance of clients
- Emergency rescue evacuation
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills