Dhaulagiri is reckoned among the top fourteen peaks of the earth for having an altitude of 8157m. Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition necessitates the skill of using technical equipment along with the instructions of mountaineer guides. The word Dhaulagiri firstly came from Sanskrit language “Dhavala” meaning white while “Giri” means peak. The climb will be followed by a roughly around- Dhampus pass, French Col, Tukuche to move to the peak from the North-East Col.
Because of volatile climate conditions, climbers have to be very alert though they will have acclimatization days to adjust with the environment at higher altitude. The wind’s speed here is terrific in this area. From the hours of daylight to the morning, most probably it is windy constantly. Also, we need to pass through high passes like French pass (5360m) as well as Dhampus pass (5258m) to reach the Base Camp. We will be put up the base camp at the height of 4740m higher than the Chhonbardan glacier lower the rocky bump. We will set four more camps walking further from the base camp. We will rest at the Advance Base Camp at 5,300m. Likewise, we will locate the Camp I at the height of 5900meter. And then Camp II will be positioned at 6400m. Then we go up to west edge with straight up to get to Camp III at the height of 7200meter. After that reaching at East edge we will reach at Camp IV at 7500meter which will be our final camp for the expedition to reach the apex of Mt. Dhaulagiri.
Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition (8166m)
Boundless Himalaya Trekking and Expeditions is self-assured to put forward Dhaulagiri Expedition along with the matchless service. Without doubt, Dhaulagiri Expedition climb is intended to everyone from proficient climber to an inexpert but adventure enthusiast as anyone will be guided by an expert mountain guide. The best time of year to go for the expedition is spring as well as autumn. During the expedition you will explore the Thakali village, old monasteries, apple orchards, observing arresting backdrop of crest area Mustang, Dolpo range and diverse community of Magar, Thakali, Bramhin etc.
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport by our representative, transfer to hotel.
Day 02-04 : Stay at Kathmandu for the official procedure, overnight at hotel
Day 05 : Drive to Beni, overnight at tented camp
Day 06 : Trek to Tatopani, overnight at tented camp
Day 07 : Trek to Ghasa, overnight at tented camp
Day 08 : Trek to Marpha, overnight at tented camp
Day 09 : Rest at Marpha, overnight at tented camp
Day 10 : Trek to Yak Kharka, overnight at tented camp
Day 11 : Trek to French Col, overnight at tented camp
Day 12 : Trek to Dhaulagiri base camp, overnight at tented camp
Day 13-52 : Climbing period
Day 53 : Trek to Dhampus col
Day 54 : Trek to Marpha, overnight at tented camp
Day 55 : Trek to Jomsom, overnight at tented camp
Day 56 : Fly to Pokhara / Kathmandu, transfer to the hotel
Day 57-59 : Leisure at Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 60 : Transfer to airport, departure your own destination
What's included ?
- Dhaulagiri climbing Permit/Government royalty
- Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara in 3 – 4 star Hotel as per the itinerary on BB basis
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide and with all the entry fees included
- Round Trip flight/overland transportation for clients and staffs
- National park entry permit
- Government Liaison officer including his allowance, accommodation, meals, insurance and flights
- Accommodation at tented camps during the trip up to base camp
- Three meals (breakfast, Lunch and dinner) a day during the trip up to base camp
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, cook, sherpas & porters
- Accommodation, food, allowance, equipment, insurance for all trekking crews
- All the camping utensils member tents, kitchen tent, dinning tents, shower tent, toilet tent, table, chairs, sleeping mattress, pillow and all kitchen utensils
- Cargo service for equipment
- All the official paper works and all applicable government taxes
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if required up to base camp
What's not included ?
- Lunch and dinner while staying in Hotels in Cities
- Climbing guide
- Garbage deposit fee
- Insurance of clients
- Emergency rescue evacuation
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills