Cho Oyu is the sixth highest Himalayan peak and one of the most beautiful mountains of the world, which means “Turquoise Goddess” in Tibetan. It is one of the prominent Himalayan peaks for mountaineering expeditions. It has a great history of mountaineering right from the time when many mountaineers were trying their luck of Everest. The date was on 19th October, 1954 Herbert Tichy, Sepp Jocher and Pasang Dawa Sherpa Lama (Austrian Expedition) had conquered to reach on top of Mt. Cho Oyu. There was an interesting fact about the expedition that bottled oxygen was not used. From that time onwards, more that 500 mountaineers have conquered successfully on top. Most of them have climbed from the Tibet side because the mountain is steep on the Nepal side but it looks fairly plain towards the Tibet side. The mountain was also endeavored by the well-known mountaineer Shipton in 1952.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m.) airport, meet our staff, then transfer to Hotel..
Day 02 : Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Preparation for expedition and official trip briefing.
Day 04 : Drive to Kodari and transfer to Zhangmu 2300m. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 05 : Drive to Nyalam 2750m. – Hotel.
Day 06 : Nyalam rest for acclimatization.
Day 07 : Drive to Tingri 4340m. – Hotel.
Day 08 : Day for acclimatization. – Hotel.
Day 09 : Drive to Chinese Base Camp 5000m. Tented Camp
Day 10 : Chinese Base Camp. Tented Camp
Day 11 : Prepared load to Yak for Advance Base Camp. Tented Camp
Day 12 : Chinese BC – Middle Camp with Yaks. Tented Camp
Day 13 : Middle Camp – Cho Oyu Advance Base Camp 5700m. Tented Camp
Day 14-39 : Climbing Period for Cho Oyu 8201m. Tented Camp
Day 40 : Advance Base Camp – Chinese Base Camp. Tented Camp
Day 41 : Drive back to Zhangmu. Tented Camp
Day 42 : Zhangmu – Kodari then drive back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 43 : Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 44 : Kathmandu free or free for personal activities.
Day 45 : Last minute, transfer to airport for onward journey.
What's included ?
- Cho Oyu climbing Permit/Government royalty
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in 3 – 4 star Hotel as per the itinerary on BB basis
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide and with all the entry fees included
- Round Trip flight/overland transportation for clients and staffs
- All local permits
- Government Liaison officer including his allowance, accommodation, meals, insurance and flights
- Accommodation at tented camps during the trip up to base camp
- Three meals (breakfast, Lunch and dinner) a day during the trip up to base camp
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, cook, sherpas & porters
- Accommodation, food, allowance, equipment, insurance for all trekking crews
- All the camping utensils member tents, kitchen tent, dinning tents, shower tent, toilet tent, table, chairs, sleeping mattress, pillow and all kitchen utensils
- Cargo service for equipment
- All the official paper works and all applicable government taxes
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if required up to base camp
What's not included ?
- Lunch and dinner while staying in Hotels in Cities
- Climbing guide
- Garbage deposit fee
- Insurance of clients
- Emergency rescue evacuation
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills