Mera Peak located at an altitude of 6654m, one among the tallest peaks in Nepal. Mera Peak flanked by the mighty mountain – Mount Everest as well as Mont Blanc. The trek is technically trouble-free that involves use of crampons, ice axe etc. You will get to see stunning panorama of Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463m), Cho-Oyu (8201m), Nuptse (7855m), Chamlang (7319m), Kanchenjunga (8586m) along with several others; diverse communities of Sherpa, Chhetri, Tamang, Brahman, Newar etc. during the Mera Peak climb.
The path to reach Mera Peak actually moves side by side along with untouched silver fir, oak forest, rhododendron, etc. Likewise, while ascending the Mera Peak you can notice Mera Glacier and striking alpine lake. Also, Mera Peak trek will allow you to visit the typical Sherpa area of the Solukhumbu. The trail also has several crevasses in the region and the path can be tricky. Our trek actually starts by walking south-east from Lukla all along a lofty, rocky circumference via wide forests and walks transversely through several rivers then takes us to the rustic Honku Valley.
Reaching in the feral land of Himalayas is undeniably an extraordinary experience. We will move ahead to Khare located at 5,099m and fix our camp. We will follow the route to reach at the glacier which takes us to Mera Lalying at 5,415m and then the high camp. From the high camp, we will observe an exceptional view of Kanchenjunga, Chamlang, and Makalu to the east, Amadablam to the west while you will see Everest, Lhotse and Cho-Oyu to the north. Then, we moving ahead we will reach at the high point of Mera Peak.
Boundless Himalaya Trekking and Expeditions puts forward Mera Peak climbing intended to everyone from proficient climber to an inexpert but adventure enthusiast as anyone will be guided by an expert mountain guide.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in tourist standard hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide plus entry fees
- climbing permit
- National Park entry Permit
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu air tickets
- Qualified and experienced climbing guide
- All accommodation in Tea houses and tented camps as per the itinerary
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip
- Experienced and qualified trekking guide, cook, sherpas and porters services
- Transportation, meals, accommodation, allowance, equipment and insurance for all the staff including climbing guide
- Trekking camping equipment (tent, mattress, pillow, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table with chairs, all kitchen gear/utensils
- Fixed rope for climbing
- Garbage deposit fee
- All the official paper work and all applicable government taxes
- All Airport transfers
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if required
What's not included ?
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Client’s insurance
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills
- Expenses other than mentioned in inclusion section above
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu international airport by our representative, transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: A day where official procedure is completed in the morning sightseeing in the afternoon, overnight at Hotel.
Day 03 : Fly to Lukla, overnight at tented camp.
Day 04: Trek to Chuthanga overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Trek to Chetarbu Kharka, overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek to Kothe, forest Camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek to Thangnak, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Acclimatization at Thangnak, overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Trek to Khahare, overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Rest at Khahare, overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to Mera high camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Summit to Mera Peak, overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Extra summit day, overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek back to Thangnak, overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek to Tashing Dingma, overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek to Chetava Kharka,overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek to Chuthangma, overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla, overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at Hotel.
Day 20: Rest day at Kathmandu, overnight at Hotel.
Day 21: Transfer to airport, departure to your own destination.