Khayer is situated off the normal beaten trails of the Ghorapani trek and has to be done under canvas.The destination is a high mountain lake situated to the north of Annapurna South.The lake is popular with pilgrims at certain times of the year and the trek up provides some truly spectacular mountain views.
The area is extremely secluded hidden behind the massif of Annapurnas. You trek a pattern of undulating ridges and if you are considering this particular trek it is best done in spring when there is an abundance of flowers. A lot of the trek up to the lake takes you through colorful rhododendron forest, which is also in bloom in spring.
The area holds two big festivals every year in the months of March and April and July and August when all the locals gather together on the top of the ridge (Khopra Hill).In the first case the locals slay a Yak and drink the blood hot as it is believed to be a cure for all illness.
On the occasion of sacred-thread replacement day (Full Moon of August) people believe that all their wishes will be fulfilled after a visit to the lake.People also believe that if they touch the water of Khayar Lake they will be granted salvation after death. Likewise married women who have yet to concieve visit the lake to ask for the fertility of their wombs.
Important Note and Optional Activities
All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest tented camp during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu international airport by our representative / transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 : Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley / Overnight at Hotel
Day 03 : Drive to Pokhara by luxury tourist bus, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04 : Drive to Phedi and start trek to Dhampus / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 05 : Trek to Tolka / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 06 : Trek to Jhinu / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 07 : Trek to Gurjung / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 08 : Trek to Tadapani / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 09 : Trek to Trek to Trek to Trek to Bhainsi Kharka / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 10 : Trek to Kristibung / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 11 : Trek to Khopra Phedi / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 12 : Trek to Khopra Hill / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 13 : Acclimatization at Khopra Hill / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 14 : Trek to Jaljala / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 15 : Trek to Khayar Lake and back to Jaljala / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 16 : Trek to Khopra Phedi / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 17 : Trek to Swanta / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 18 : Trek to Ghorepani / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 19 : Trek to Hile / Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 20 : Trek to Naya Pool / drive Pokhara / Overnight at Hotel.
Day 21 : Pokhara at leisure / boating / paragliding / zip lining
Day 22 : Drive back to Kathmandu / transfer Hotel
Day 23 : As per yourflight schedule / transfer to airport /flight to onward destination