Kathmandu valley trek offers one of the best experiences that Nepal has to offer. As the name speaks for itself it’s coming across the local culture of the villagers whilst also enjoying the nature. This particular trek is designed with gentle and relaxed walking pace and minimum walking time in a day, to make sure that seniors could also enjoy the trip equally.
Important Note and Optional Activities
All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in KathmanduWelcome from airport / transfer hotel / evening meal and tour briefing.
Day 02: City tour around the Kathmandu valley.Visiting many of the historical sites in and around Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and on to Chisopani (2150m)Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. The trail climbs up through a forest / passes the village Mulkharka to Chisopani Danda / on a clear day there are good panoramic views of the mountains stretching from east to west / overnight
Day 04: Chisopani to Chaukibhanjyang 1850mTrek on flat land through mixed forest / amazing scenery along / approx 4 hours / overnight
Day 05: Chauki Bhanjyang to Nagarkot (2175m.)Nagarkot offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountains, quality accommodation, and high standards of service / overnight resort hotel
Day 06: Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (1440m.)Wake up early for sunrise mountain views / drive to Dhulikhel / about an hour drive east of Kathmandu / Dulikhel old Newari trade station / en route to the Tibetan plateau / true example of an old Newari town / well kept and provides people with a good insight into Newari traditon and culture / also some great panoramic Himalayan views from here / overnight resort hotel.
Day 07: Dhulikhel to Namo Buddha (1982m.) and then to PanautiAfter breakfast / walk to the Namo Buddha (1982m) / situated on hill above Panauti / takes about three hours / amazing legend related to the Buddha / commemorated by an ancient stone slab and a stupa / all-seeing eyes of Lord Buddha / later walk on for another three hours /down hill and through terraced field and village / reach ancient town of Panauti.
Day 08: Panauti to Lakure Bhanjyang 2000mThrough terraced fields and villages / gentle uphill walk towards the end / reach Lakurebhanjyang /excellent mountain views of the valley and surrounding Himalayas / overnight
Day 09: Lakuri Bhanjyang to Lubhu village and to KathmanduToday trek to Lubhu village / beautiful old traditional Newari village / five kms east of Lalitpur / village known for textiles and weaving / drive back to Kathmandu / transfer hotel
Day 10: Free day in Kathmandu / relaxation & shopping / overnight hotel
Day 11: Departure day / transfer to airport / fly to onward destination