Ghorepani Poon Hill Ghandruk trek is one of the popular treks for witnessing the magnificent sceneries. You do not have long walking days to reach the most important point of the trek Poonhill which welcomes a large number of tourists including internal as well as international tourists every year. The peak of Poonhill actually offers extraordinary view of the sunrise above the gigantic Himalayas. The lofty mountains, the soaring hills and the arresting landscape it bestows are what allure many trekkers to this ideal region of natural attractiveness. In addition the marvelous panorama of the peak range – Dhaulagiri (8167 m), Machhapuchhre (6998 m), Annapurna I (8091 m), Nilgiri (7041 m), Annapurna II (7939 m), Annapurna South (7219 m), Annapurna III (7555 m), Tukuche (6920 m) will mesmerize you.
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking is intended for all age groups especially for those trek enthusiasts who do not have enough time for longer trek but are keen to enjoy the traits of trekking. Also, the trek provides a chance to meet with the local villagers and see their way of life. This trip season knows no time bounds and can be accomplished in every season all the year round.
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek designed by Boundless Himalaya Trekking and Expeditions, one of the easiest treks in Nepal will let you traverse dense forests- Rhododendron and a number of the ethnic Magar villages. The highest elevation of this trek is reaching Poon hill lying at an altitude of 3210 m. In the same way, you will have a tour to charming Ghandrung where we will meet Gurung inhabitants and see ancient buildings and calm setting.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara, 3 star category hotel, on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private vehicle
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- ACAP trekking Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- First aid kit for comprehensive medical supplies
- Round trip / overland transport as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and a cup of tea/coffee a day during the trek and seasonal fresh fruit after every dinner
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staffs
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack, duffel bag, trekking poles if required
- Farewell Dinner with typical local cultural program
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu.Accord a warm welcome / pick up at the airport / transfer to Hotel / briefing about the tour
Day 02 : Sightseeing in KathmanduFull day sightseeing / many historical monuments, temples, stupas, UNESCO world heritage sites, etc. /overnight hotel
Day 03 : Scenic Drive to Pokhara / transfer to hotel.About 6 hours extremely scenic drive / transfer hotel / trek briefing /overnight hotel
Day 04 : Drive to Nayapul by private car, van / commence trek to Tikhedhunga (1540 m)Early drive to Nayapul (trek start) / trek Birethanti (1065m) a large village at the head of two rivers that has many shops & teahouses / the trail continues through the village and follows the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola / trail climbs steadily up the side of the valley to Hille 1495m / short climb reach Tikhedhunga at 1525m / short & relatively easy day /overnight
Day 05 : Trek to Ghorepani (2860m).Leave Tikhedunga / steep climb to Ulleri / Ulleri is a large Magar village at 2070 m / trail continues to ascend more gently through fine forests of oak & rhododendron towards Banthanti at 2250 m / Continue to Nangethanti at 2460 m / a further hour brings you to Ghorepani at 2775 m / overnight guest house / overnight
Day 06 : Hiking to Poonhill 3210 m – back to Ghorepani, then trek to Tadapani 2630 m.This morning up early / hiking to Poon Hill / superb sunrise views of both the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himals / back to Ghorepani, hot breakfast / up to a forested rige and through rhododendron forest to Deurali / down through river bed (many birds) to Banthanti / ups and downs through forest to Tadapani /overnight
Day 07 : Trek to Ghandruk 1940 m.Tadapani / short down hill / descend steeply through forests / the trail eases as we reach Ghandrunk (2000m) / beautiful well preserved Gurung village /typical culture, costume, and life style / wonderful mountain views.
Day 8:Ghandruk to Pokhara:Trek down a fair way to the Modi Khola / follow river to Birenthanti / short walk to Nayapul / dirve pokhara / transfer hotel.
Day 9: Pokhara at leisureDifferent kinds of interesting programs such as boating / paragliding / zip lining / sightseeing can be performed as per your interest which can be arranged at a discount if you book via us.
Day 10: Drive Kathmandu / transfer to hotel / p.m. at leisure, shopping, strolling around, etc.
Day 11: Departure DayTransfer to airport as per your time schedule / fly to onward destination with beautiful memory back home