Dudhpokhari( Milky Lake) is situated on the border of Lamgung, Manang and the Kaski districts of Nepal is situated at an altitude of around (5300m). Legend has it that some three thousand years ago the Tamu community now Gurung community of Nepal entered this area from Tibet via the Namun Bhanjang Pass and made their settlement here. Therefore the place takes its name from the ori9ginal name and is known as Tamuwan. The Tamu community had their own King centuries ago and the remains of the palace can still be seen today.
During the Janai Purnima (Sacred Thread Ceremony) thousands of pilgrims and visitors throng the lake for holy worship. Hindus worship the lake as the gateway to heaven.There is a strong belief that if you take a bath in this Dudhpokhari (Milky Lake) three times then all your sins committed in this lifetime will be purified. Along with the strong religious and cultural heritage the area is also rich in nature and wildlife.
Important Note and Optional Activities
All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / welcome and pick up / transfer to Hotel. Introductory program and briefing.
Day 02: Sightseeing Kathmandu / includes visits to many historical and architectural monuments. overnight at Hotel
Day 03 : Drive Kathamandu to Besishar to Kapoor gaon by private car / trek to Ghale gaon(2016m.)
Day 04: Ghlegaon to Rabrachu(3100m.) 6 hrs / hard walk / overnight at tented camp.
Day 05 : Rabrachu to Thorju. (4500m.) 6 to 7hrs. / hard walk / overnight at tented camp.
Day 06 : Good views of Mt. Manaslu next to you.Many scenes opening ceremony of Dudha pokhari o/n Thorju (4500m.)
Day 07 :Festival timeFestival time early morning trek to dudha pokhari lake (5300m.) / dudha pokhari lake / surrounded by mountains / gurung culture dances / over night thorju at tented camp.
Day 08 : 4 hrs. ascent to /Namun la pass (5560m.)/ trek down / Dafe kharka (4000m.) / overnight stay at Tented camp.
Day 09 : Trek down / Danaque(2300m.) / two hrs walk for Dharapani / overnight at tented camp.
Day 10 : 6 hrs. along banksd of the Marsyandi River / Syange amazing water falls on the way / overnight at tented camp Ghermu.
Day 11 : 6hrs. walk to Khudi / overnight tented camp at Khudi.
Day 12 : Drive back / Kathamandu / overnight at hotel
Day 13: As per your flight schedule transfer to airport / flight to onward destination