The trek is a shorter version of the trek to Dulikhel described on this web site. The difference being instead of the extra days at Dulikhel you trek down to the World Heritage Site of Changunarayan. the oldest temple in the valley and probably built sometime in the 4th Centuary. Changunarayan depicts just about every dynasty that has ever influenced The Kathmandu Valley and it is a fitting end to a short but interesting trek.
Important Note and Optional Activities
Please note: All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in KathmanduWelcome from airport / transfer to hotel / introductory program and briefing.
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu.Visit to many of the important historical sites in Kathmandu includes transport and guide.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Sundarijal – ChisapaniDrive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal by private vehicle/ approximately one hour / trek from to Chisapani / takes about four and half hours / the trail passes through the Shivpuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve / on to Mulkharka with Tamang habitants / the route heads down the ridge through a forest of oak and rhododendron to Chisopani (2200m.)
Day 04: Chisapani – Nagarkot (2175M)Trek to Nagarkot / takes about six and half hours / trek starts towards Chauki Bhanjag / takes about 2 and half hours / from there ascend to Nagarkot. Nagarkot, (2175m) / very popular destination for great panoramic mountain views across the Himalayas / especially at sunset and sunrise.
Day 05: Nagarkot – Changunarayan – Kathmandu.Trek to Changunarayan / takes around three and a half hours / trail leads down from Nagarkot / along a ridge to the temple of Changu Narayan / views of Sankhu village to the right and Bhaktapur to the left / Changunarayan is situated at the end of a long ridge which runs well into the valley, it is said to have been built in 323 AD by King Hari Datta Varma. The temple is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings / generally recognised to be the oldest temple in the valley / excursion in and around the Changunarayan complex / drive back to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
Day 06: Departure or free day in Kathmandu