This trek passes through many villages of west Nepal. Despite having been not far from capital Kathmandu, it’s really deprived and backward in terms of developments. Our project sites include this region as well. From teaching in school, working as health assistant to contributing in water supply program are the options that you can participate in.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour as per the itinerary by private car/van
- All entry fees to monumental zones in Kathmandu city tour
- All the necessary permits
- Land transportation from Kathmandu to Sundarijal, Bimat to Gorkha and Gorkha to Kathmandu by private car/van.
- Accommodation in camp during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek0
- Trekking camping equipments (tent, mattress, pillow, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table with chairs, all kitchen gears/utensils
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porters services
- Transportation, accommodation, meals, allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staffs
- All the official paper works and all the applicable government taxes
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
What's not included ?
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, NepalWelcome and receive from airport and transfer to Hotel. Briefing about the trip.
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu valleyIt includes the visits to many historical and architectural monuments of cultural significance listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Dumre (380 m), approx 4 hrs. scenic driveBy tourist bus and from Dumre to Bandipur by private jeep. Visit the typical Newari village and overnight at camp.
Day 04: Trek gradual down hill from Bandipur to SukhauraphantIt goes through village settlements, paddy fields and some light fixed forest, approx 2 and half hours. Continue trek passing gorges, jungle and fields to Mastighat pul (bridge). Explore around, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Sukhauraphant to Dubung (1148 m), approx., 3 hrs. trekThe trail from here heads ahead with gradual ascent crossing gorges, streams and passing through jungle and village settlements. After approx one and half hour, the trail climbs uphill and goes along the ridge of hill and reaches the top of Dubung village which takes about 3 hours. This is Min Thapa’s village which is really rich in its own culture & tradition and gifted by nature. Overnight at tented camp at Bhalethunge Danda. Visit the historic Royal throne of the Thapa king of an ancient time when Nepal was divided into many different kingdoms. The views of the beautiful Himalayan ranges and nearby hilly areas seen from here are simply spectacular.
Day 06: Day at DubungMorning Hike to Sasarki Thumka from where views of Tarai and also the stunning views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Gorkha and others Himalayan ranges can be enjoyed. Exploration around Dubung village. See the lifestyle, culture, tradition etc. In the evening, enjoy the typical Magar cultural dance; Kaura, Maruni etc. Overnight at tented camp at Bhalethunge danda.
Day 07: One more day in DubungExplore more of what this beautiful village has to offer, overnight at tented camp at Bhalethunge danda.
Day 08: Trek along the ridge of the hills seeing the beautiful views that surrounds you.The trail moves ahead through jungle and corsses the streams before going through the jungle for 4-5 hours to Kahun village which is a village of mixed ethnic communities. And Exploration in the village and overnight at camp
Day 09: KhudiToday the trek starts with the walk along the ridge of the hills until we reach the village Khudi. After Khudi village, the trail goes downhill towards Damauli. We will cross the Seti River and camp on the bank of the River which is also the meeting point of the Seti and Madi Rivers. The famous cave Byas will also be nearby us. Overnight at camp.
Day 10: Our trek ends. Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus. Transfer to hotel