Sarangkot-Australian Camp Trek
The trek in the foothills of Annapurna Himal provides an opportunity to visit villages and experience the cultural life of people living in hills. The elevation does not reach over 2000 meters and it is not a strenuous trek. Weather along the trek is quite warm except in December and January and snow is not expected. The trail is very much used by local people and traders and there are many tea shops dotted along the trail with the famous Machhapuchare peak always in evidence. The trek is ideal for those people interested in photography and birding and are not looking for a strenuous time in Nepal.
Important Note and Optional Activities
All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.
What's included ?
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private vehicle
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek and seasonal fresh fruit after every dinner
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Farewell Dinner with typical local cultural program
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
What's not included ?
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in KathmanduArrival in Kathmandu / accord warm welcome and pick up / transfer to hotel / Introduction and briefing about the entire trip
Day 2: A scenic drive / approx 6 hours to PokharaA scenic drive / approx 6 hours to Pokhara / then on to Sarangkot Hill / overnight at Sarangkot Hill.
Day 3: Trek to ThuloKharkaEarly morning sunrise / Annapurna range / bird’s eye view of Pokhara and Lake Phewa from Sarangkot / view tower / morning drive Kande / trek to Thulo Kharka also known as Australian Camp / Trekking easy gradual ascent / takes slightly over an hour / Overnight guest house at Thulo Kharka,
Day 4: Trek back to Kande and drive to PokharaPhotography of Annapurna range in the morning / Sunrise views / trek back to Kande and drive to Pokhara / p.m. at leisure / boating / paragli9ding / zip lining.
Day 5: Drive back / KathmanduDrive back / Kathmandu / transfer to Hotel.
Day 6: City tour of KathmanduCity tour of Kathmandu / in the morning / afternoon drive to Nagarkot / stop medieval city of Bhaktapur the city on the way / overnight resort hotel / great sunset views.
Day 7: City TourIn the morning / great sunrise views of Lantang, Annapurna Khumbu Himalayan ranges / drive back to Kathmandu / transfer hotel.
Day 8: DepartureTransfer to airport as per the flight schedule / fly back home or onward destination.