This trek is comparatively easy compared to some of the other treks in the region. The trek takes you up high along trails to Tengboche Monastery (3850m). Although it is a short trek it provides some great views of the worlds highest peaks including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Amadablam.The trek starts from Lukla after a 30 minute scenic flight from Kathmandu. From Lukla we trek up to Namche Bazaar and on to Tyangboche (famous for its monastery)then on to Khumjung village the furthest point of our journey for a night before trekking back to Lukla via Phakding where we spend a night.
The trek gives a great introduction to the Solu Khumbu region with its sherpa culture as well as providing some fantastic mountain views. The trek is best suited especially for those people who haven't enough time for longer treks into the high mountains.
Trekking Destination : Tenboche
Minimum altitude : 2,800m
Maximum altitude : 3,850m
Grade : Easy to Moderate
Season : Spring, Summer & Autumn
Accommodation : Guest houses / Tented camp
Duration : 12 Days
Entry : Lukla
Exit : Lukla
Day 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu
Welcome from airport / transfer to hotel
Day 02 : Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Lukla (2804 m.) by flight(40 mins) / trek to Phakding (2610 m).
Day 04 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3535 m).
The trail crosses the Dudhkoshi River over a long suspension bridge / leads you along the river to Hilary's suspension Bridge / the trail climbs to Namche Bazaar / overnight
Day 05 : Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar
This day is a rest day taken for the acclimatization / side treks / day hike to Thame / visiti Khunde / overnight
Day 06 : Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3850m).
Today's route starts / climb up to Shyangboche airstrip / Everest View Hotel a Japanese scheme to build a deluxe hotel with great views of the highest mountains on earth / trail descends slightly to Dudhkoshi at 3250m / steep ascent to Tengboche Gompa / stunning background of Ama Dablam, Mt. Everest and other peaks.
Day 07 : Trek to Khumjung village. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08 : Trek to Phakding. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09 : Trek to Lukla.
Today the trail leads back to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft0 / arrival Lukla / free / overnight
Day 10 : Morning flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla.
Early morning flight to Kathmandu / pick up from airport / transfer hotel / at leisure /overnight
Day 11 : Leisure day in Kathmandu / overnight at hotel
Day 12 : Transfer to Airport for your ownward destination.
1. Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
2. City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
3. Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
4. National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
5. Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
6. Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
7. Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
8. Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
9. Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
10. Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
11. All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
12. Airport transfers for internal flights
13. Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
14. Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
1. Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
2. Personal expenses and bar bills
3. Clients’ travel insurance
4. Tips and gratuities